Saturday, April 26, 2008

Experimenting with Online Professional Development

I have spent the last year experimenting and promoting the use of Moodle in education. It is my belief that classroom managment software such as Moodle is a very valuable tool for educators to tap into.

In an effort to take the next step regarding the experimentation and implementation of Moodle among my faculty i have decided to use it as a Professional Development tool. We have started to create our first online professional development course using Moodle. I am hosting and managing this site under my private domain Edunology.com which hosts this blog.

It is my hope that by educators using the services of Moodle to complete a professional development course they will eventually see the power of the service. I hope that the learning by using approach is successful.

I would love to hear from anyone who is using this software in the same manner.

No comments: